Finally, the IIT Bombay comes up with the Information Brochure of GATE 2021. GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is the biggest National exam conducted jointly by IIT’s and IISc Bangalore for engineering students.
This year GATE will be conducted between February 5-7 and 12-14 in both Morning and Afternoon Session confirmed by the Chairman of IIT Bombay.
GATE is a direct gateway in entering IIt’s, IISc, Nit’s, other state-level engineering colleges for M.Tech, Entering into PSU’s, etc.
Here in this article, we will discuss complete information about the GATE 2021, like the registration process, exam date, syllabus, eligibility criteria, and much more.
GATE 2021 Exam Dates:-
Generally, the GATE is conducted in the very first week of February. Similarly, in 2021, the GATE exam is held between February 5-14 and it is conducted in both forenoon and afternoon session.
However, it is mentioned in the information brochure, that they keep an eye on COVID situation in the country and internationally too. If the situation will be not good in the country till November then the exam date may be changed.
Click here to download the information brochure
|Availability of exam forms||14 September 2020|
|Last date of form submission||30 September 2020|
|Last date of fee submission||7 October 2020|
|Last date for change in exam city, categories, etc.||13 November 2020|
|Admit Card Availability||8 January 2021|
|Exam date||5-7 and 12-14 February 2021|
|Response key||May be within 10 days of last exam|
|Result||22 March 2021|
And the scorecard will available from 26th March to 31st May 2021.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2021
Till Gate 2020, final year students of BE/B. Tech and from other courses are eligible but from this year students of 3rd year also eligible for GATE 2021.
Students from different engineering branches are eligible like Civil engineering, Electrical engineering, Electronics engineering, Instrumentation, mechanical engineering, Chemical engineering, and many other branches.
For BE/B.Tech Students
4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc/ Diploma in Engineering/Technology
However, 3rd-year students are also eligible.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture ( 5 years course)/Naval arch. (4 years certificate)/Painting ( 4 years course)
3rd-year students are also eligible.
For B.Sc (Research) Students
Bachelors Degree in science (Post Diploma/4 Years after 10+2)
3rd-year students are also eligible
Eligibility for Phar.D (after 10+2)
6years degree program, consisting of internship or training during the third year
3rd-year students are also eligible
For MBBS studentsDegree of MBBS Degree of MBBS
3rd-year students are also eligible
For M.Sc, MA, MCA or equivalent
Masters degree in any branch of Arts/Science/maths/statistics/computer application or equivalent
For integrated M.E./M.Tech (Post B.Sc)
Post-B.Sc integrated Masters program in engineering/technology (4 years program)
For M.E./M.Tech dual degree
Integrated Masters degree or dual degree program in engineering/technology (5 years program)
3rd, 4th, 5th, or higher year students are also eligible
Bachelors degree in any stream of Science/Arts/commerce
3rd year or higher students are also eligible
- Eligibility criteria for the candidate of outside India
- Must have completed or in the final year or the pre-final year of their bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology.
- Must have completed or in the final year or the pre-final year of their post-graduate degree in any relevant science subjects.
There is no age limit for appearing in the exam and you have no limits of attempts.
- Those who have completed qualifying degree/examinations in 2018 or before have to submit the certificate/degree issued by the respected institute/university.
- If you are expected to complete in 2021 or later then such candidates have to submit a certificate from Principal or a copy of the mark sheet.
- If any candidate will not match the eligibility criteria then He/She may be disqualified from the examination.
for more information click here
GATE 2021 registration process:-
Application form for GATE 2021 will be available from 14 September 2021, at the official website of GATE 2021 i.e. gate.iitb.ac.in
- First, you need to register yourself through GOAPs by your name and email-id.
- Your enrolment id will be generated, save it for future use.
- Login again through GOAPs and fill the application form.
- Select the exam center.
- You have to upload your recent passport image. Remember that the image must be scanned by the good quality scanner and your image must be very clear.
|Category certificate (if applicable)||10kb-300kb|
|PWD certificate (if applicable)||10kb-300kb|
- Pay the application fee through the debit card/credit card/ internet banking.
- Upload any photo id number for age and address proof like Pan card, Adhaar card, driving license, passport, etc.
Gate 2021 form correction:-
The good thing about the GATE exam that it provides you the option to correct your form if you filled anything wrong during the registration process.
GATE 2021 exam pattern:-
The GATE exam pattern consists of a total of 65 questions of 1 Marks and 2 marks and you will be given 3hrs to solve these.
15% questions from general aptitude.
15% question from engineering mathematics.
70% questions from your opted discipline for an exam like ME, CE, EX, IE, Chem. Engineering, etc.
Types of Questions:-
There are MCQs, NAT type, MSQs questions in GATE exams. NAT stands for Numerical answer type questions in which you have to type the answer with the help of a virtual keyword which is operated by a mouse.
The new type of questions MSQs are introduced in the exam stands for Multiple select questions, in which there is more than one correct option and you will be given the marks only when you tick mark all the correct option.
Likewise, MSQs asked in JEE Advanced.
Changes in GATE 2021
- From GATE 2021 3rd year students are also eligible.
- Multiple select questions are also introduced from this year.
- Most important changes are that you can give exam in two different discipline.
- Two new papers were introduced in GATE 2021
GATE 2021 Preparation tips
- First, go through the complete syllabus of GATE 2021
- Make a suitable time table and give more time in revision and practice
- Follow some good reference books for GATE if you are preparing by yourself
- Must solve questions of at least the last 15 years which are asked in GATE.
- Previous year questions helps you know about what kind of questions were asked in GATE.
- Make short notes to revise the formulae and concept
- Give a test to know where are you lagging
- Solve numerical with help of a virtual calculator.
- First, learn those subjects which have higher weightage
GATE previous year cut-off
|Gate 2020 Paper Name||General||OBC||SC/ST|
|Architecture and Planning||34.8||31.3||23.2|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||28.8||25.9||19.2|
|Production & Industrial Engineering||36.6||32.9||24.4|
|Textile Engineering and Fiber science||37.1||33.3||24.7|
|Ecology & Evolution||42.2||37.9||22.2|
Scope after GATE
- You can take admission in various IITs, NITs, and other top colleges of India for PG courses like M.Tech
- Several PSUs like BHEL, IOCL, NTPC, BPCL, GAIL, etc. recruit through GATE exam
- You can take admission in IISC Bangalore for further studies.
- You also have opportunities to join various research and fellowship programs.
- Direct Ph.D. after BE/B.Tech also in funnel
- MHRD gives you a 12,400 monthly stipend after qualifying GATE.
- You also get opportunities to join BARC, DRDO after getting a good score in GATE.
Interesting facts about the GATE exam
- In GATE you will be provided, virtual calculator
- The scorecard is valid for 3 years
- There is no age limit and attempts limit for appearing in the exam. You can appear till your last breath
- A scribble pad will be given to you to solve the questions.
To know about new education policy click here,